Monday 26 December 2011

COMIC COVER ANIMATION

I loved the animated covers done by  Kerry Callen at  http://kerrycallen.blogspot.com/2011/10/animated-comic-covers.html and promised myself that I would have a go.
One of the comments on one of the many forums I was led to, suggested that all comic covers will be animated one day.....so...I will do my Gil Kane Adam Warlock animated cover another time.
For now I thought I would target three current covers from Marvels titles and see what a new cover would look like.
Not all artwork is easily manipulated though and it took longer than I thought to find suitable covers.

But I did..Let me know what you think,heres the vulture giving spider-man problems,I hope it plays.....Wow,I just checked it out,in order to see the animation click on the image and it will open in another window....cool!




I have another two animations based on a red skull cover and a doctor victor von doom which I am transferring at the moment.I will also be updating 'bah boy' progress on a weekly basis so keep coming back and visit.
If anyone can help me with conversion from swf to gif without massive quality loss on a mac,please contact me.











No comments:

Post a Comment